- Key Topics and News
- EU Resources
- Social Europe
- UNIC Library
Conference on the Future of Europe
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
What is the Conference on the Future of Europe? Strengthening the link between citizens and EU leaders on policy making
The European Parliament, the Council and the European Commission have all recognized the importance of having feedback from its citizens to ensure the creation of people-friendly policies.
The European Commission has implemented a platform for…
… all European citizens to discuss, debate and share their ideas, challenges, and priorities for the future of the EU.
No matter your occupation or lifestyle, you now have the ability to influence the development of EU policies.
What makes this event uniquely important for citizens?
EU citizens and young people will play an important central role in shaping how the future of European will look like in the coming years.
All participants shall respect the values established in our Charter of Principles.
How does one have their say?
All contributions must be part of one to ten topics:
- Climate change and the environment
- A stronger economy, social justice and jobs
- EU in the world
- Values and rights, rule of law, security
- Digital transformation
- European democracy
- Education, culture, youth and sport
- Other ideas
- These ideas will then be collected and analysed and published on the platform throughout the Conference.
- There will be feedback given which will ensure that your ideas expressed during the Conference become concrete recommendation for a change in EU action.
- The joint Presidency will present the outcome and the three Institutions will examine them on how to effectively follow up to this report.
Law & European Polices by 2030
If this project is successful, the way that European policies will be administered will drastically change into a more direct form of democracy where its Citizens will be able to vote for and debate on the laws that will affect them.